Monday, February 11, 2013

The "Littles"

The last couple of weeks I have been in a melancholy mood as my mind drifts over the last year. I glance behind me and look at Joshua and somedays cannot believe all that God has done in our lives over the last year.  He not only gave us this beautiful little gift of Joshua but he placed  a family in our life that we would be connected to forever. The story God weaved for us is more than just about our adoption, it is about the three beautiful "littles" that remain with their Mama. About the three "littles" that will be in my heart forever.





I love these three faces! I love the days I get to see them and spend moments with them I hug them tight as I can and whisper in their ears...I love you. I pray that when life gets hard maybe they will remember those whispers. I pray that God will step into their lives and whisper to all of them "I love you...I am with you" and they will recognize that voice and turn to Him. I long for that day for them and for their Mama.
 

Until that day comes I pray. Until then I love them and their Mama the best I can. Even when there are days when she makes me crazy, even when there are days she doesn't make the choices I wish she would, even when she seems to think only of herself because God quickly reminds me...I loved YOU when you made me crazy, didn't make the choices I wish you would have, and I loved YOU on the days you only thought of yourself! God granted ME grace so how can't I extend the same grace to our birth mother and those 3 little faces? Actually they are part of us now, part of this new life that has been wrecked by Jesus. The life that we now understand has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with HIM!

He has ruined everything and I am so GRATEFUL every single day for this life lived for Him. It is so much better than I ever imagined it could be. When I glance over at Joshua I cannot believe he has been placed in our family and that is when I KNOW there are real and precious gifts from heaven when we say Yes to His plans...when we are obedient to the whispers of our Father.




Today and everyday I thank God for Joshua and for our sweet "Littles".

For His Glory...
Roberta




 

1 comment:

  1. Once again, you have said they words so perfectly. I too have counted it a blessing to be on this journey with you ever waiting for what God has in store for our family. I love you, Joshua, and the "Littles" more than any of you will ever know on this side of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete